Sorry I've not written lately. I guess in some ways that is a good sign, nothing too drastic to report.
Anyway, this last week or so has been quite busy, but in a way where things seem to be fairly regularly scheduled and expected. Yes, some days are better for my love than others, both physically and emotionally, but overall we seem to be doing alright.
My love, my love's parents, and I all had the opportunity to attend a brain tumor support/networking group at Gilda's Club last Monday. It was really neat and helpful, I think, as well as a bit difficult. It was certainly inspiring to hear stories of people that had brain tumors and are now cancer free and doing well, but scary to hear of those who have had recurrences after doing well. It was nice, though, to talk with people who really understand what you are going through because they have gone through it or are going through it now. It was really neat too to have "cancer warriors" (I saw that term on a shirt and really liked it) as well as those supporting the cancer warriors all in a group together. Overall, I really appreciated the group and I'm sad it only meets once a month.
Last week my love was also evaluated for occupational, physical, and speech/cognitive therapies with the outpatient program my love is going through. Many of the evaluation activities were quite tough, I don't think I would have done much better, if any better, than my love did, especially on the speech/cognitive stuff. We still haven't heard back from the outpatient program for the schedule, but they suggested 8-12 weeks, 2 times per week for each of the therapies. They suggested doing all three therapies back to back twice a week, but my love would rather not have OT and PT on the same day because of a lack of energy right now, which I think is very smart. You don't want to be so tried for one of the hours of therapy that you get nothing out of it or push yourself to hard.
We did lots of stuff with my love's family (immediate and extended) over the holiday weekend. My love's aunt, uncle, and cousin came in from Iowa, so we were around the family a lot eating delicious food, playing games, and otherwise have a good time.
Now we're getting ready for another busy week of appointments and life. Hopefully we'll be able to continue in a somewhat scheduled and regular routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment