Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tying Up Loose Ends

Emergencies are kind of a pain.... With this whole situation there was very little time to prepare for my life to completely be altered. I'm really not trying to complain, it's just frustrating when you uproot yourself abruptly as it has a tendency to leave loose ends. I'm trying to tie some of those loose ends up today and this weekend.

I called Alverno today and left a message for the program director who is also my professor. I wrote her an email not too long after all this started asking about taking incompletes for the semester, but I still haven't heard back from her, which is stressful as I really don't want to flunk out of the program because of a family emergency.

I'm also trying to figure out everything that needs to happen for moving this weekend. My wonderful parents and sister are coming up to help me move, so we'll have 3 cars, but the biggest one is a small SUV (Ford Escape), so I don't think it will fit a lot of the furniture that needs to be moved (not that we have tons, but it is kind of bulky stuff). So I'm trying to get quotes for various moving equipment which is a bit stressful and expensive, but probably worth it. My mom is really concerned about having enough strong people there to help as she does not want my dad killing himself trying to carry heavy furniture. I'm considering hiring the "Two Men and a Truck" moving company as we would then have professional movers to take some of the pressure off my family and friends and our backs, but I don't know if that's the best option. Blah, decision making.... So anyway, if ya'll have any suggestions, let me know. Yes, my family has done our fair share of moving, but it was typically with professional movers paid for by my dad's new company, and I've never had to be the organizer of stuff, so yeah, it's a bit of a new experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment