It's amazing how much can change in a week, a day, an instant. The past 8 days have been some of the longest and most challenging of my life, and they sadly only mark the beginning of a long journey yet to come.
A few years ago, I honestly can't even remember exactly when, Alicia gave me a journal. It was a blue hardcover book that had white writing on the cover. The writing said something to the affect of "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, it changed into a butterfly." It was very special then as I was going through some tough times in my life and needed that reminder, but I honestly feel I've never needed that message more than now. I am praying now more than ever to see that transformation happen in my life and his, to be able to find beauty and peace on the other side of this. So yeah, that's where the blog title comes from.
I apologize to anyone who reads this, as it may be very disjointed, but that's just how things are going at the moment.
Last week Wednesday I heard some of the scariest words come out of a doctor's mouth that exist: "we found a tumor." It took almost a full 24 hours for those words to actually hit me. Up until that point, it felt like a terrible dream, like it couldn't be real. How could my 23 year old fiancee have a brain tumor? It just didn't seem possible. In some ways it still doesn't.
Well, I will write more in a bit, I can only handle so much at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment