Friday, April 13, 2012

Themes in Life

I was talking to my love on the drive up to Michigan about a certain theme in my life. I realized that a kind of sad theme from my life is not realizing how good I have things until I move away.

I'm really not trying to be depressing or anything, quite the opposite, I really am trying to say thank you.

A little back story on this theme, my family has moved 10 times while I was still living at home, and with every move from the time I moved from Michigan I realized only after I moved just how amazing things had been. I enjoyed my time in Michigan, don't get me wrong, but I didn't realize just how much I loved everyone and how good of friends I had until I had to leave them. The same thing happened when I moved from Illinois to Texas, and so on.

Well, that happened this last week as well. During my time in Milwaukee, I felt a little out of place at times. I felt like I didn't really have friends of my own at times, just friends of my love who were also kind of my friends. This last week I realized just how true of friends that not only my love had in Milwaukee, but also how true and amazing my friends are, and that my love's friends were also truly my friends. The fact that I could call someone at one-o-clock in the morning to go to my apartment and bring me my medications was amazing. People who would come and just sit in the waiting room, not even getting to go into the room, but still coming just to support made me cry grateful tears. People providing food, and love, and support throughout this week from Hell, made everything a bit more bearable.

When we drove out of Milwaukee on Wednesday, I really felt like crying just because I realized once again how good things were a little later than I had hoped. More than anything, though, this post is a thank you to everyone, people near and far that have supported me, but also especially to those in Milwaukee, thanks for being such amazing friends. I look forward to seeing you all again soon. Now I know how blessed I am and what good friends I have, both near and far.

1 comment: